Why We Put Organic Girl Greens in Every Whole Harvest Box
Greens. Leafy greens. Salad greens. Vegetable greens. There are many names for this nutrient-dense food. Kale, spinach, cabbage, romaine lettuce, arugula, collard greens, mustard greens, bok choy, (and more!) are all examples of healthy leafy green vegetables to include in your diet.
Leafy greens are packed with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, offering an abundance of health benefits. In fact, a CDC study that calculated nutrient density in 47 fruits and vegetables, revealed that 17 of the top 20 were leafy greens (CDC, Consumer Reports).
Let’s take a closer look at some of the prominent health benefits found in greens.
- Rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K – powerful antioxidants – which contribute to bone and skin health, fighting infection, iron absorption, and cell health
- High in fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium, aiding in a healthy digestive system and metabolism, regulating blood pressure, muscle and nerve function
- Low in carbohydrates, sodium, and cholesterol, making them a great food for weight management
- Abundant in carotenoids and folate that may help block early stages of certain cancers and relieve stress by producing mood-regulating hormones
- High in nitrates, helpful in improving blood flow and lowering your risk of heart disease
- Great for brain health! With high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, nitrate, vitamin K, and beta-carotene, leafy greens have been shown to help slow cognitive decline with aging.
Easy Ways to Get More Greens
Whole Harvest makes it easy to get your daily dose of greens with every meal. Each Whole Harvest box contains one 5-oz. package of Organic Girl Supergreens! Just like Whole Harvest, Organic Girl is committed to sustainability, whole foods, and healthy ingredients in all of their products. These shared values make Organic Girl a standout partner and addition to all Whole Harvest meals.
Organic Girl greens are 100% organic, triple washed, and packaged with recyclable containers. The Organic Girl Supergreens blend is dark, leafy, superfood baby greens packed with minerals, vitamins, phytochemicals, and protective compounds. Tangy red and green chard, hearty bok choy, and spicy arugula with mild sweet spinach make up the supergreens mix.
The greens can be enjoyed in many ways – in smoothies, mixed with salad toppings, or added to your entrees. Greens are an important part of a healthy diet and provide a high level of vitamins and minerals to support a well-balanced diet and a healthy YOU!